Sunday, October 4

One Reason We Look Forward to General Conference--Scones!



Scones!!!
Don't get me wrong, we love Conference and this year it seems that I was able to listen to most of the talks of the Sunday sessions.  (I worked Saturday.)  That's reason to celebrate right there!  We love being together as a family to hear the uplifting and inspiring words of the prophets of our church.  We feel so blessed to belong to a church where we have a prophet that receives direct revelation from our Heavenly Father.  Also, who could forget Elder Holland's passionate testimony of the Book of Mormon?  I add mine to his.

But...we stole a traditon for our friends, the Hiltons (miss you guys!), and it has stuck and we look forward to it every April and October.  It is the tradition of SCONES!  Who could not love fried bread?  The best part is that we top it off with SCONE SYRUP!  What is that, you ask?  Only the best syrup ever...made from basically butter, sugar and buttermilk.  It's a top secret Stringham recipe and we feel so proud to be part of the circle of trust.  Thank you, Michelle!

I think Ben's face says it all!

4 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Mmmmmm, scones are SOOOOOO delicious!!! We had crepes for conference, they're were pretty delightful!

JBSquared said...

Don't you love conference traditions? This one looks particularly yummy!

Michelle said...

I don't think anything could taste bad as long as it had scone syrup on it!

Holmstroms said...

I LOVED your scones!! I miss your scones! I want to be invited over for scones again! And just thinking about it...uh-oh...now my baby wants scones too!
- Jen