Saturday, October 24

Mexican Caviar


I have to post this because I just love it!  I stole it from my sister who got it from her mother-in-law.  (I would link to her blog, but that is entirely too technical for me!)  It's delicious and very healthy!  I eat it as a side dish, with chips, over rice, or with warmed tortillas.  Give it a try!
 
"Mexican Caviar"

1 small can corn
1 can hominy and 1 can black eyed peas (I use garbanzo beans and black beans instead)
1 can green chilies
4 chopped green onions
3 chopped Roma tomatoes
16 oz. picante sauce (Pace brand)
1 can diced black olives
1/2 small bottle zesty Italian dressing
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Lots of cilantro

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I may just have to make me some of this. Or better yet, we'll have to get together (SOON) and you can make it for me