Tuesday, September 8

Joshie's First Day of Preschool--His Turn!



After trailing behind Big Bro for two years longingly eyeing all the preschool toys, it was FINALLY Joshie's turn.  When I presented him with a new Star Wars t-shirt for the day, he jumped up and down and said, "IT'S MY TURN!"  So decked out in a new t-shirt, hand me down easy up shorts, Ben's old tennis shoes, and a new Ice Age 3 lunch box earned by successful potty training, he took preschool by storm.

How great is preschool when you've seen the inside of the classroom for two years, seen the same teachers, watched Big Bro have fun, and have 5 church friends in the same class including, good friend, Jack?  Piece of cake!

Nothing but happy and excited!
After putting on the name tag and snapping a few pictures, I pointed to the toys and before I could kiss him, he was off.  I had to kiss the top of his head and hug his back.  I made a big deal of sending Ben in to wish his little brother good luck and give him a hug and the little guy didn't even look up!  We've always said, "Joshie, Party of one!"  
He was all smiles when we picked him up.  I missed my sweet guy, but, oh, was it nice to take the baby to the doctor and only worry about the baby.  Love, love preschool!
What do they say?  A child's work is to play.  I think Joshie put a long day in at the office!  Love you, buddy!

3 comments:

Holmstroms said...

Aww, way too cute! He looks so excited.

Steve and Rebecca said...

Glad he was so excited!! Megan just said, "that's my Joshie!"

Michelle said...

I love that expression about the party of one. Same can be said of Isaac. And he FINALLY starts preschool on Tuesday. Can't wait. Josh sure is cute.