Saturday, August 22

Joshie's 3rd Birthday Backyard Bash





My second child gets to reap the benefits (or drawbacks) of a more experienced mom when it comes to birthday parties. I am now into simplicity. With my oldest, birthday parties have either been all about the adults or way too crazy with way too much going on for adults, kids and multiple siblings. So, I sent out an evite (love it) and invited only five friends of Joshie's choice and let the parents know they could drop off their kids. We had five friends, two cousins, and five adults besides us. It was so much fun (for me!!!).

We set up a huge blow up pool, holding over 200 gallon (sorry water conservationists!) and put our slip and slide under our swing set slide. We just let the kids go at it. There were chips, grapes, cupcakes, drinks, and the occasional squirt gun or water ballon fight. Summer birthdays are the best. We, adults, enjoyed hanging out with some friends and loved watching Joshie enjoy his day and his friends.
We finished up the day with a trip to Mario's mexican food with Steve, Rebecca, Ryan and Megan. You just can 't go wrong with that! (Unless you order the tostada...) Good times were had by all and I did NO cooking that day since we had donuts for breakfast and Doritos for lunch. Happy Birthday, Joshie!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that 2 of my boys have summer birthdays because there's so much you can do outside. Looks like fun times, especially because no cooking was involved.

CinnaPatty said...

HA! You go Julie. You're the perfect mother for three boys! Donuts for breakfast and Doritos for lunch! You so totally ROCK dudette :)
Miss ya girl.

julie said...

Wow. Thanks for checking in ladies. I am going to be a better blogger. Like Michelle wrote in her blog, this is going to be my journal. Love you girls!

JBSquared said...

I am SO jealous of the summer birthdays! This looks like fun! Happy birthday, Joshie! (And I'm loving all the updates, by the way!)

Steve and Rebecca said...

It was such a fun party! Glad you are blogging!